Moteino R4 with RFM69HW 915MHz (High Power)
Moteino is a low cost wireless Arduino based on the Atmel ATMega328P microcontroller:
- Low cost Arduino clone fully compatible with the Arduino IDE
- The regular version includes an onboard RFM69HW transceiver and separate 1/4 wavelength monopole wire antenna
- RFM69HW is a 20dBm output power transceiver, 130mA in TX, 16mA in RX. You will need to use the setHighPower() function after the initialize() function in the RFM69 library.
- This forum thread reveals a 1.5mile range on RFM69 using a dipole antenna at 1.2kbps!
- Low power battery power friendly
- 3.3V onboard regulator (MCP1703) provides up to 250mA, input up to 16V
- Very small size – 1.3 x0.9 inch (33mm x 23mm)
- Breadboard friendly header layout allows you to attach female/male header pins on the top or bottom and make shields for it or just use it on the breadboard for prototyping
- FTDI programming header (Programmable using the FOCA in 3.3V mode.)
- DualOptiboot bootloader for fast programming and no delay startup. Choose Arduino Uno under Tools>Boards from Arduino programming environment.
- Onboard LED on digital pin 9 (D9 / PB1) for debugging or visual indication
- New R4s comes with ENIG gold RoHs lead-free finish.
To make a wireless link you will need at least 2 Moteinos. Alternatively this is compatible with other Arduino clones that use the RFM69 transceiver.
All Moteinos come with a wire antenna cut to length to match the transceiver frequency.
You can upload a sketch to a Moteino just like you would normally do for any Arduino. In the Arduino programming environment you need to select "Arduino Uno" under Tools>Boards.
You will need a USB-serial adapter to connect to the FTDI header.