EL wire starter pack - Blue 2.5 meter (8.2 ft)
A little bundle to get you started! This project pack contains:
- 2.5 meters (over 8 ft) of high-brightness, long-life EL wire in Blue. 2.5 meters is the maximum amount for the pocket driver - it is cut and soldered so it's ready to go!
- Pocket EL inverter runs on 2 AA Alkaline or rechargeable batteries (not included)
- 2 inches of heat shink, both 1/8" and 1/4" for protecting the EL wire after soldering if you end up wanting to change the wire up
- 2 inches of copper tape, used when soldering EL wire
- 2 inches of foam tape, we use this to pad the inside of the inverter to quiet it down
NOTE: Do not turn on the inverter without the EL Wire. This will burn out the inverter.
We used this to make an awesome TRON bag
Soldering to EL wire is a little tricky but luckily Adafruit wrote a detailed step-by-step tutorial! You'll need wire strippers, a soldering iron & solder, copper tape and heat shrink.