Serial Enabled 20x4 LCD - Black on Green 5V
This is the latest evolution of our serial LCD. Included on a single board is a 20x4 LCD and an embedded circuit based around a PIC 16F88. The on-board PIC takes a TTL serial input and prints the characters it receives onto the LCD. The installed firmware also allows for a number of special commands so you can clear the screen, adjust the backlight brightness, turn the display on/off, and more.
Communication with SerLCD requires 5V TTL serial at a default baud rate of 9600bps (8-N-1). You can adjust the baud to any standard rate between 2400 and 38400bps. The power (VDD), ground (GND) and RX pins are all broken out to both a 0.1" pitch header as well as a 3-pin JST connector.
WARNING: THE FACTORY RECOMMENDS NEVER CONNECTING THE LCD TO THE DATA PINS 0 o 1 ON THE ARDUINO DURING FIRMWARE UPLOAD. THE DATA CAN RECONFIGURE THE DISPLAY. IT IS BEST TO USE SOFTWARESERIAL OR OTHER SERIAL PORTS THAT DO NOT PASS THROUGH THE UPLOADING FIRMWARE.
SerLCD has the ability to dim the backlight to conserve power if needed. There is also a potentiometer on the back of the display to adjust the contrast.
- Embedded PIC 16F88 utilizes onboard UART for greater communication accuracy
- 20x4 Black on Green LCD
- Adjustable baud rates of 2400, 4800, 9600 (default), 14400, 19200 and 38400
- Operational Backspace
- Greater processing speed at 10MHz
- Incoming buffer stores up to 80 characters
- Backlight transistor can handle up to 1A
- Pulse width modulation of backlight allows direct control of backlight brightness and current consumption
- All surface mount design allows a backpack that is half the size of the original
- Faster boot-up time
- Boot-up display can be turned on/off via firmware
- User definable splash screen
- PCB: 105 x 59.9 mm
- LCD: 87.3 x 41.8 mm